The Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program is designed to encourage entrepreneurs to establish businesses within the City of Santa Ana. The program provides up to a $5,000 reimbursement grant to eligible businesses on a first-come, first-served basis.
Criteria for Participation
1. The business must meet one of the following criteria:
Income Qualifying - The business owner is determined to be low-income pursuant to HUD requirements.
Income limits are listed below. Applicants must use total household size as their measure of eligibility. These income limits are determined annually by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and listed in the below table. Applicants must complete the Self Certification Form and Source of Income Documentation Form (Included in Application packet).
Household Size Income Limit*
1 Person $ 50,600
2 Persons $ 57,800
3 Persons $ 65,050
4 Persons $ 72,250
5 Persons $ 78,050
6 Persons $ 83,850
7 Persons $ 89,600
8 or More Persons $ 95,400
*Income limits are subject to change upon HUD's release of new income limits.
Geographic Area Qualifying
The business is a new community-serving retail or service-based business
and located in the designated area (Map A). City staff will
determine if your business serves the immediate residents based on its proximity to neighborhoods
and the goods/services it provides. If the City determines that your business serves at least 51% Low to Moderate Income residents, the business will be qualified. Applications to participate in the Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program need to be completed and submitted within the first year of operation.
2. The business must be located in a commercial/industrial storefront with an individual address. Shared suites and home-based businesses are not eligible.
3. Non-profits are not eligible.
4. The business must have 5 or fewer employees including the owner of the business.
5. The maximum reimbursable rebate is $5,000 per business.
6. The business owner must submit receipts/invoices with proof of payment such as cancelled checks, bank statements, or credit card statements to the City for all approved costs. Cash payments on receipts are ineligible and will not be reimbursed by the City (See Reimbursement Instructions) The business must be active at the time of reimbursement. Only one application for your business will be accepted.
7. The business owner must allow access to the City and its employees, as deemed necessary, for audit purposes and to assess the benefits derived from participating in the Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program.
8. The business owner must complete an approved business development training workshop from the Orange County Small Business Development Center. To sign up for an approved training workshop, please visit www.ocsbdc.org or call (714) 564-5200.
9. The business must have a current business license and certificate of occupancy and must be in compliance with all City codes and regulations.
10. The business must register for a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) identification number.
11. The business must fill out a Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) and submit with application.
12. Funding is not transferable and other restrictions may apply.
NOTE: Any violation of the program guidelines will result in the businessperson promptly repaying the City any
amount paid pursuant to this agreement.
For more information, please email Marc Morley at email@example.com