The Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program is designed to encourage entrepreneurs to establish businesses within the City of Santa Ana. The program provides up to a $5,000 reimbursement grant to eligible businesses on a first-come, first-served basis.
Criteria for Participation
1. The business must meet one of the following criteria:
Income Qualifying - The business owner is determined to be low-income pursuant to HUD requirements.
Income limits are listed below. Applicants must use total household size as their measure of eligibility. These income limits are determined annually by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and listed in the below table. The Declaration of Income Form, with supporting documentation needs to be filled out completely.
Household Size Income Limit
1 Person $ 51,250
2 Persons $ 58,600
3 Persons $ 65,900
4 Persons $ 73,200
5 Persons $ 79,100
6 Persons $ 84,950
7 Persons $ 90,800
8 or More Persons $ 96,650
Geographic Area Qualifying – The business may also qualify for the grant if they satisfy ONE of the below requirements:
a) Community Service Area Map - The business is a new community-serving retail or service-based business and located in the designated area (Map A). If your business is retail or service, City staff will determine if your business serves the immediate residents based on its proximity to neighborhoods and the goods/services it provides.
2. Applications to participate in the Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program need to be completed and submitted within the first year of operation.
3. The business must be located in a commercial/industrial storefront with an individual address. Shared suites and home-based businesses are not eligible.
4. Non-profits are not eligible.
5. The business must have 5 or fewer employees including the owner of the business.
6. The maximum reimbursable rebate is $5,000 per business.
7. The business owner must submit receipts to the City for all approved costs. The business must be active at the time of reimbursement. Only one application for your business will be accepted.
8. The business owner must allow access to the City and its employees, as deemed necessary, for audit purposes and to assess the benefits derived from participating in the Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program.
9. The business owner must complete an approved business development training workshop from the Orange County Small Business Development Center. To sign up for an approved training workshop, please visit www.ocsbdc.org or call (714) 564-5200.
10. The business must be licensed in the City of Santa Ana and in compliance with all City codes and regulations.
11. The business must register for a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) identification number.
12. The business must fill out a Form W-9 included in the applicaiton packet.
13. Funding is not transferable and other restrictions may apply.
NOTE: Any violation of the program guidelines will result in the businessperson promptly repaying the City any
amount paid pursuant to this agreement.
For more information please email Marc Morley at email@example.com or call (714) 647-6588.