City Manager David Cavazos
David Cavazos began serving as City Manager of Santa Ana, California in October 2013, with more than 25 years of public management experience. He encourages a team approach to problem solving and believes that solutions are achieved by working together.
Appointed by the Mayor and City Council, he has been tasked with accomplishing the following priorities:
- Promote Jobs, Economic Development and a Vibrant Downtown
- Strengthen Partnerships with Business and Community Organizations
- Fiscal Responsibility & Transparency
- Innovation, Efficiency and Responsiveness of City Service Delivery
- Quality of Life in Santa Ana’s Neighborhoods including Recreational Opportunities
- Support Arts and Culture
- Improve Santa Ana’s Infrastructure, Implement the Transit Vision and Street Car System
- Embrace Change Through a New Citywide Strategic Plan
- Support Santa Ana’s New General Plan and a Range of Housing Opportunities
- Promote Community Policing and Reduce Crime
Throughout his career, David has actively participated on non-profit boards for the Chamber of Commerce, local children’s hospital and downtown civic organizations. His charitable work includes the following awards: United Cerebral Palsy of Arizona Champion for Life Award (2013), Arizona Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Award Recipient (2011), and the United States Arizona SBA Small Business Advocate of the Year Award (2000).
He has a Master of Science degree in Management and Public Policy from Carnegie Mellon University. He is certified Economic Development Finance Professional Council of Urban and Economic Development (EDFP). He is accredited Airport Executive AAAE American Association of Airport Executives.
Contact David Cavazos at firstname.lastname@example.org