Acts as an advisory body to the City Council in reviewing and recommending programs that stimulate a prosperous environment for youth; recommends procedures, policies, and/or legislation to the City Council; and provides assistance to community agencies engaged in fostering mutual respect for youth.
Total of 21 members:
- 7 Regular members - ages 16-20
- 7 Alternate members - ages 14-18
- 7 Associate members - ages 11-14
- Must be students who reside in the City of Santa Ana
- Must have consent of parent or guardian to qualify for appointment if under the age of 18
- Members over the age of 18 must be registered voters in the City of Santa Ana