First Round Funded Projects:
- Carr Intermediate - Making a Difference (MAD) Club Landscaping Project completed through the participation of over 50 parents and their kids. As part of the project a partnership was formed with Wal*Mart.
- Delhi Neighborhood - Series of resident driven clean-up events improving neighborhood homes through yard improvements, planting of flowers, maintaining yards
- Heninger Park Neighborhood - Funding to assist launch the neighborhood's "Newsletter Project" including graphics, photo processing, layout and postage.
- Latino Health Access - Ballet Folklorico. Assistance provided to resident group at Townsquare Condominiums interested in organizing youth to produce a Ballet Folklorico cultural program. Funding applied towards expenses associated with the design and production of traditional costumes and performance stage.
- McFadden Intermediate PTSA - Computer Learning Center Project. Purchase of reading and math software for afterschool computer lab.
- Minnie Street Learning Center - Literacy Project. Joint partnership with Rancho Santiago Community College included funding for the purchase of books to be used by English literacy classes.
- Minnie Street Learning Center - Sewing Enterprise Project. Funding assisted with the development of a micro-enterprise effort through the purchase of a sewing machine, supplies and fabric to used for training purposes.
- Pio-Pico - Pedestrian Safety Research Team. Funding to provide supplies to elementary school students focusing on improving pedestrian safety, including a school assembly and safety parade.
- Santa Ana Cultural Arts Council - Community-based event bringing together in collaboration students at Heninger Elementary School and After-school Arts Program. Funding enabled a working artist to provide demonstrations and a hands-on workshop which enhanced the "Spring Family Arts Festival".
- Santa Ana Historic Preservation Society - Landscape improvements were identified as a high priority in the area adjacent to the Howe-Waffle House. Project funding assisted with irrigation and landscaping supplies.
Second Round Funded Projects:
- Santa Ana High School – Development of "Memory Walk" which will be used to raise funds and support the "Dollars for Scholars" Program
- Orange County Red Cross – Community Outreach by Youth Volunteers Operating Smoke Detector Installation Program
- Concord Neighborhood Association – Landscape Improvement Project
- Phoenix House – Sports Equipment Initiative
- Minnie Street Learning Center – Support for Dance Workshops
- Windsor Village North Neighborhood Association – Landscape Improvement Project including decorative rocks.
- Junior Achievement – "Economics of Staying in School" Workshops at Lathrop Intermediate School
- 21st Century Learning Center at Freemont Elementary – Health Care Initiative
- Saddleback View Neighborhood Association – Parkway Landscape Improvement Project (various locations)
Third Round Funded Projects:
- Westend District Community Oriented Policing – Jr. C.O.P. Community Garden
- TKO Youth Boxing – Funding to Upgrade Equipment
- Minnie Street Learning Center – Software for Computer Learning
- T.H.I.N.K. Together – Interactive Math and Science Initiative
- Taggin Wagon Mobile Home Park – Street Lighting Improvement Project
- Morrison Park Neighborhood – Entry Way Improvement Project
- Turning Point Center – Parent Group Initiative
- Beyond Limits – Youth At Risk Music Program
Fourth Round Funded Projects:
- " Villa del Sol "Reading Corner" - funding of "Leadership Through Literacy" providing reading materials for children
- Santa Ana Karate Club - Work with inner city youth to compete in traditional martial arts tournaments.
- Sandpointe Neighborhood Association - Beautify the neighborhood by neighbors collaborating to remove graffiti and unsightly markings.
- Windsor Village Neighborhood Association - Work to improve the landscaping along Edinger Avenue.
- Latino Health Access - Promote awareness in regards to health improvement in the community and also purchase supplies for self organized teen fitness group.
- Riverview West Neighborhood Association - Repair of the block wall along McFadden Avenue.
- YMCA of Orange County - "Bridging the Digital Divide" providing low income youth with computer education at Willard Intermediate School
Fifth Round Funded Projects:
- Cambodian Family Literacy Project - Funding to assist volunteer driven effort purchase books and supplies to support their initiative.
- American Lung Association - Funding to cover a volunteer improvement project bringing together area youth to paint / repair an area fence.
- Youth Fitness Initiative - Funding to assist Latino Health Access establish an aerobics program with the Town Square Youth Council.
- Sustained Silent Reading at Saddleback High School - Funding to provide reading incentives for students excelling in local literacy effort.
Sixth Round Funded Projects:
- Central City Smoke Detector Installation Program - Funding for materials used by youth volunteers assisting local households during special outreach event with the OC Red Cross.
- Sandpointe - Partnership to increase backyard composting
- Living History Alliance - Assistance with the purchase of historic legacy materials used by volunteers for community education events.
- Madison Park - Funding for materials associated with outreach campaign for the neighborhood association.
- Junior Achievement - Funding for materials associated with financial literacy training at Monte Vista school
- El Sol Academy - Funding for landscaping supplies / improvements accomplished by parent volunteers.
- The Cambodian Family / Santa Ana College - Funding for ESL books for continuing education of adult refugees at local learning center.
- Orange County Children's Therapeutic Arts - Funding to assist with supplies necessary for Family Literacy / Family History Day projects.
- KIDSWorks / Casa Bonita Neighborhood - Landscape project adjacent to learning center site.
Seventh Round Funded Projects:
- MOMS Resource Center - Educational Materials for Prenatal and Parenting
- Golden West College - Educational Materials and Supplies for Ecological Outreach Partnership with Windsor Village and Windsor Village North Neighborhoods.
- Santa Ana High School PTSA - Supplies for the “Fun of Reading” Program
- Latino Health Access - Exercise Initiative at Roosevelt, Garfield and Madison Schools
- Madison Park Neighborhood - Materials and Supplies to Support “Resource Fair” that includes Employment, Health, Education, Childcare and Citizenship
- Blue Planet Foundation - Funding for Santa Ana Schools to Attend the 2003 Children’s Water Education Festival
- TKO Boxing - Funding to Acquire new Equipment and Uniforms
- Junior Achievement of OC - Funding to Expand “Tactile Life Skills” Programs at Adams Elementary School
Eighth Round Funded Projects:
- Mexican American Opportunity Foundation - Educational Materials and Supplies for Reading Naturally Program for adult literacy.
- Think Together / Noah Project - Educational Materials and Supplies for Algebra Survival Guide for at-risk students in the middle school math tutoring.
- KidSingers - Funding to support after school, non-profit children’s chorus in Santa Ana neighborhoods.
- Orange County Water District - Funding for Santa Ana Schools to attend the 2004 Children’s Water Education Festival.
- The Grain Project - Funding to help promote the start of a Certified Farmers Market in Santa Ana.
Ninth Round Funded Projects:
- Phoenix House - Funding for materials and supplies to support their gardening program offered in partnership with the UCI Master Gardeners.
- Families Together in Orange County - Funding to support after-school programs in the Lyon Street Community.
- Think Together - Funding to support landscaping improvements and a mural proposed though a partnership with Grant Elementary students.
- TKO Boxing - Funding to replace worn boxing supplies for after-school program offered as a gang alternative to at-risk boys and girls
- Life Legacy - Funding to launch a character development seminar for parents and their children in association with Bethel Baptist Church.
- Santa Ana Historic Preservation Society - Funding to support the launch of a 20th century Oral History project.
Tenth Round Funded Projects:
- Santa Ana Boxing Club - Funding for materials and supplies to support graffiti reduction efforts adjacent to their facility.
- Heninger Park Neighborhood – Funding to support environmental awareness associated with storm drains and catch basins in the area.
- Junior Achievement – Financial literacy training to be provided to youth attending John Adams School.
- Friends of the Zoo – Funding to purchase additional shade trees.
- El Sol Science and Art Academy - Funding to improve the school’s science garden and beautify school landscaping.
- OC Youth Commission – Making a Difference Club project at Carr School focusing on planting and landscaping improvements.
- Madison Park Neighborhood – Funding to clean up and beautify the bike trail in the area.
- Washington Square Neighborhood – Funds to support installation of permanent trash receptacles in the area.
- SAC Continuing Education – Funding to acquire materials associated with community awareness, responsibility and citizenship.
- Willard Intermediate School – Funding to launch parent group Resource Faire and efforts to landscape the area adjacent to the school.
- Non-Profit Resource Center - Funding to provide grant writing training to agencies not selected for Grants for Blocks funding.
Eleventh Round Funded Projects:
- Stop Tobacco Abuse of Minors Pronto (STAMP) - Funding for materials and exhibits to enhance community education efforts.
- Heninger Elementary After School Program – Funding to purchase additional physical activity equipment in partnership with THINK Together.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Church – Funds to implement a “Walk to Church” day once a month.
- The Grain Project – Funding to implement a bicycle produce delivery service associated with the Farmer’s Market.
- Sierra Runner’s Club - Funds to expand the Fitness and Nutrition / Marathon Training Club.
- OC Elementary Art Academy – Funds to support the “Project for Tricycles” initiative.
- Glenn Martin Elementary – Funding to purchase physical fitness supplies to support 4th and 5th graders.
- Carl Harvey Elementary School – Funding to add a physical fitness component to a recently implemented health program operated in cooperation with the California Dairy Council.
- KIDSWORKS – Funding to support a community health faire planned for the Casa Bonita Neighborhood.
- Madison Park Neighborhood – Funding to support the 2nd Annual Walk-A-Thon promoting healthy behaviors and fitness.
Round Twelve Projects:
- Netz 4 Life - Engaging children and their parents in health and fitness activities in the Artesia Pilar Neighborhood.
- Grace Family Resource Center – Funding to send sixteen at risk youth to “boot camp” focusing on fitness, character building and community engagement.
- TKO Boxing – Funds to replace worn boxing equipment for at risk youth.
- KidSingers – Funding to support instructors and costuming for performances in partnership with First Presbyterian Church Santa Ana.
- West Floral Park Neighborhood - Funds to upgrade the lighting and trash receptacle at entrance to neighborhood.
- Lyon Resource Center – Funds to purchase computer tools and fitness equipment for local youth.
- Saddleback High School – Funding to support the Sustained Silent Reading Program.
- Delhi Neighborhood – Funding to launch a neighborhood restoration project including landscaping and painting.
- KIDWORKS – Funding to support a community outreach project to assist the homeless from the OC Rescue Mission.
- The Grain Project – Funding to support a greenhouse garden project at Villa Fundamental School.
Round Thirteen Projects:
- Families Together of Orange County - Engaging children and their parents in health and fitness activities in the Lyon Street Neighborhood .
- Windsor Village North Neighborhood – Funding to support a community volunteer project to repaint the perimeter wall of the neighborhood.
- TKO Boxing – Funds to replace worn boxing equipment for at risk youth.
- Saddleback High School – Funding to acquire BRIDGES, a career exploration and planning program.
- Orange County Mexican American Historical Society - Funds to purchase photo supplies for a two day historical program to be offered at Century High School.
- Dorazio Learning Center – Funds to support an academic base summer program.
- Junior Achievement of Orange County – Funding to offer the Junior Achievement Titan Program at Valley High School.
- Santa Ana Police Athletic and Activity League – Funding to support a summer fitness program.
- Santa Ana Police Explorer Program – Funding to defray the cost of sending Explorer Program participants to the Explorer Academy.
- Valley Falcon Foundation – Funding to provide aquatic club opportunities to youth served by Valley High School.
- Latino Health Access – Funding to start a soccer program for children living at the Spectrum Condominiums.