Santa Ana Public Library's purpose is to respond to our community's informational, educational, and personal interest needs using books, materials, technology, and professional expertise.
Santa Ana Public Library is committed to serving the needs of Santa Ana residents first and foremost. Santa Ana is one of the 100 largest cities in the United States and its residents have the youngest median age of any of those cities. For that reason, the Library places special emphasis on services to children, youth and their families.
Santa Ana’s Library staff shares the cultural heritage of the community and each staff member strives to provide the highest level of customer service. The two Library locations are maintained as safe and wholesome places for young people and their families to spend out of school and leisure time.
Benefits of Library membership include access to:
- More than 240,000 Books; 10,000 audio recordings; 12,000 videos; 300 magazine subscriptions and 8 newspapers, including microfilm copies of the Orange County Register going back to 1906; over 1300 e-books, and 17 online databases offering access to magazines, newspapers and reference books inside the library or anywhere the Internet is available.
- Computers for adults, children and youth.
- Tutoring in our Learning Centers.
- Pre-school, school age and family storytimes.
- A Teen Center for young people 12-18.
- Quality research and information services.
- Professional, multilingual, courteous staff.
Libraries can improve the lives of individuals, families and communities. People who read succeed. Countless studies have shown that readers do better in school, achieve higher paying jobs and express greater satisfaction with their lives.
It's your Library, enjoy it.
Library Operations Manager