Get a Library Card
Why You Should Get a Santa Ana Public Library Card
- Check out books, DVDs, CDs, and videos.
- Ask reference librarians for information and use research materials shelved behind the Information Desks.
- Use computers with Internet and Microsoft Office applications for adults and youths.
- Access online magazine and newspaper databases from home, office, or school.
Apply for a Card Online
Please visit Online Borrower Registration and complete the registration form.
Apply for a Card in Person
- Check to see if you can get free library services.
- Visitors and non-residents may purchase a one-day pass for $15 or an annual library card for $45.
- If you are in high school or older, and meet the requirements for a card:
Apply for a Children's Library Card (PreK - 8th Grade)
- Fill out a Library card application in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF) at Main or Newhope. Download free Adobe Acrobat Reader software that allows you to view and print PDF files.
- A parent / guardian must bring the child and completed application to Main or Newhope to get a card.
Acceptable Forms of Identification to Get / Renew a Library Card
- Valid California Driver's License
- Santa Ana Student I.D.
- Valid California I.D. Card
- City of Santa Ana Employee Card
- Bank or Credit Card with Picture I.D.
- U.S. Passport
- Valid Consul I.D.
Call the Circulation Desk at (714) 647-5250 if you have any questions.