Proof of Identity for Passport Applications

Submit one of the following forms of identification:

  • Valid driver license. Temporary or learner permit not allowed.
  • Current state or federally issued photo identification card.
  • Current or expired U.S. passport.
  • Children will be identified by their parents' identification if the child is under the age of 16.
  • For further information, visit the California Department of Motor Vehicles or call: (800) 777-0133.