If you are unable to find what you need in our catalog, ask the Library staff to request it from another library. Staff can look at an online listing of materials in libraries all over the country. The Library belongs to a system that allows it to borrow from all of these libraries.
- Visit the Main Library or Newhope Library Learning Center to make your request, or call the Information Desk at (714) 647-5267.
- Fee is $5.00 for each item requested.
- Request books, paperbacks, microfilm, magazine articles, some government publications, and many other types of materials.
- Most libraries do not allow anyone to borrow interlibrary loan items that have been published within the last year.
- Some libraries charge a fee to loan their materials. Santa Ana Public Library will not complete a request that charges such a fee without your permission.
- Loaned items usually arrive within 1 - 3 weeks after the request is made, and you will be notified by mail when the item arrives.
- Each loaned item may be checked out for two weeks, and is not renewable.