Santa Ana’s Recreation Program offers youth and adults an opportunity to participate in organized leagues or recreation play. Join us in every sport from basketball to cross country, and from flag football to Rookie Ball Baseball.
The City of Santa Ana Youth Sports Program is for children in grades 1 through 8. The fee is $13.18 per sport and includes a team shirt, participation trophy and a nine-week season. Most teams practice twice a week and play one game each Saturday.
In season children can participate in Rookie Ball Baseball, Flag Football, Basketball, Track and Field, and Cross Country. An emphasis is placed on ensuring that every child has an equal opportunity to play, to develop skills, and to be recognized for effort and participation. For more information, please call 714-571-4264.
The Santa Ana Aquatics Program offers a full range of aquatics activities for all ages including
- Recreation Swim at five city pools from Memorial Day through Labor Day for all ages,
- Swim lessons for children and adults,
- Junior Lifeguard Program with training in Basic Water Safety, CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard skills for children 11 years and older,
- Aqua Aerobics classes designed to provide a workout that addresses the specific fitness and health needs of adults and seniors,
- Swim Teams and Water Polo Teams which meet regularly for practice and competition in local and regional aqua games,
- Annual Water Olympics which combines a water polo championship game and a swim meet.
For more information, please call 714-571-4256.