Film Permit Process
All filming application documents can be found on this site. Please complete and submit all documents pertinent to your production. When contacting City of Santa Ana staff with questions about Film Permits:
1) Provide contact information, which includes email and phone, for ease of communication.
2) Please indicate or inform City of Santa Ana staff if you are interested in filming on PRIVATE or PUBLIC property. PRIVATE PROPERTY and PUBLIC PROPERTY filmings require different applications.
**All filming done at the Eddie West Field Santa Ana Stadium must go through the Reservations Office.
**All filming done at the Old Orange County Courthouse must go through OC Parks.
**All filming/photography done at the Santa Ana Regional Transportation Center must go through Santa Ana Public Works. However, you may find the application here. In addition, a City of Santa Ana film permit application is necessary.
3) The date(s) of the filming are required in order to ensure the dates are available for filming and if there is enough time to process an application and issue a permit.
**PLEASE BE ADVISED: A MINIMUM of 15 business days PRIOR to film dates are necessary for submission of permit application. If street closure is required, at least 30 days are needed for the application process by the Santa Ana Police Department Crime Prevention Division. 10 days for needed for photography.
4) After you have submitted your application(s), City of Santa Ana staff will review it and contact you as soon as it has been approved or if any questions arise (i.e. if your dates are unavailable, if an Officer is needed on site, if there is missing information on your application, etc.)
5) Once your application has been approved, City of Santa Ana staff will contact you with the total fees for your permit and payment process will be arranged.
**Business license fees will be billed separately; please do not include them in your permit fees.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS:
CHECKS and MONEY ORDERS payable to the “City of Santa Ana” are accepted. NO CASH.
Mail your payment to the following location:
City of Santa Ana
Parks, Recreation and Community Services Agency M-23
20 Civic Center Plaza
Santa Ana, CA 92702
Attn: Special Events Office
To expedite your application, payments can also be made in-person at the Special Events Office at the above location. Please call (714) 571-4227 to schedule an appointment before arriving as office hours are subject to change. Parking is available in the parking structure off of Santa Ana Boulevard, between Ross and Flower Streets. Validation is not provided.
Once payments have been received, applications will be cleared and a permit will be issued via email. A hard copy of the permit is also available if requested. A copy of the permit MUST be available at the filming location AT ALL TIMES. Be prepared to present if necessary.