Welcome to Inspection Services! Our inspectors perform construction inspections at specified progress benchmarks on a wide variety of commercial, industrial, and residential structures.
These inspections focus on structural components, life safety elements, energy conservation, disabled accessibility, and electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems. The purpose of these inspections is to ensure that contractors and owner-builders construct their projects in a manner consistent with the approved construction plans and state adopted codes and standards.
Once you receive your building permit, you will receive a inspection code numbers needed when using our online inspection scheduler or when calling in for an inspection.which lists the various inspections in chronological order. The Job Card also indicates the
Requesting an Inspection:
To request an inspection, call the Inspection Line at (714) 667-2738 or schedule your inspection. Prior to scheduling an inspection please have the following information ready:
- Permit number
- Complete address, include suite numbers
- Type of inspection: structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical
- Inspection Code (located on you job card)
- The date you would like the inspection to occur
- Any special instruction for the inspector (optional)
Canceling an Inspection:
To cancel an inspection, call the Building Division at (714) 647-5853 before 8:30 a.m. on the day for which the inspection is scheduled. You can also cancel your inspection online.
The inspector signs the Job Card at the job site. When the inspector returns to the office at the end of the day, the inspection results are entered into the City's permit database (SAPIN). You can check your online.
- If your requested inspection is not approved, the inspector will write a Correction Notice. The notice will identify the items that need to be corrected. After corrections have been completed, you will need to call for a follow-up inspection.