Welcome to the Santa Ana Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If a crime is in progress or poses an immediate threat to you or others, call 911 immediately. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following information to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is NOT an Emergency
- There are NO known suspects OR workable suspect descriptions
- The incident happened within the Santa Ana city limits
- You have an email address and your report is one of the types listed at the bottom of this page.
You may also file a Supplemental report online to report additional property losses or to add information about property previously reported lost or stolen if:
- A SAPD online report has already been filed and you now have additional details of property taken in a theft, such as serial numbers.
- A report was taken by an officer regarding a burglary, and you want to add property that were not included in the original report.
- A report was taken by an officer regarding a theft from your vehicle, and you want to add property not included in the original report.
- DO NOT make a supplemental report online if you have information about the suspect or additional evidence in your case. Call the Santa Ana Police Department's Investigations Bureau and request to speak to the Investigations Division.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a report tracking number. A report number will be sent to you via email once your report has been approved.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, you may be contacted if further investigation of your case is needed.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
You can report the following incident using the Santa Ana Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System (please choose one):
|Annoying, Harassing Phone Call||Crime Tip||Fraud or Identity Theft Report|
|Hit and Run||Lost or Stolen License Plate||Lost Property|
|Tarasoff Report||Theft||Traffic Accident Property Damage|
|Vandalism||Vehicle Burglary||Violation of Civil Court Order|