Two Community Workshops were held on Saturday, November 23rd. The morning workshop was held from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union hall at 3904 West First Street while the second workshop was from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Local 652 Union hall at 1532 East Chestnut Avenue. There was a tremendous turnout at both events of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests - the energy in the rooms was impressive!
At each workshop participants were asked to go to the nine Topic Area Stations to share their ideas about actions the City and the Community can take to make the priorities for the five-year strategic plan a reality. Compiled lists of the ideas generated are available to view by topic area at the links below.
The next steps towards completing the City’s Strategic Plan will be:
- Work with executive management to draft elements of the strategic plan
- Share a Draft version of the Strategic Plan with the Community
- Conduct City Council strategic planning workshop in February
- Prepare final strategic plan and draft implementation action plan
- Present Strategic Plan to City Council for adoption (March)
Topic Area Results – Common Themes and Ideas
The following are the common themes and ideas reported during the Strategic Planning Community Forum held on August 10, 2013 at the Southwest Senior Center. Participants were asked to identify their top three most important topic areas. Numbers in parentheses represent the number of votes received for each topic area.