Job Seeker Services
Build Your Skills For A Better Career
If you're ready to get to work, the Santa Ana WORK Center is ready to connect you to a full range of no-cost services, resources and opportunities to help you:
- Build the skills employers want most
- Access training programs that lead to employment
- Find the jobs and employers who are hiring
- Qualify for benefits
- Get the support you need to succeed in your job search
Here at the WORK Center, you'll work one-on-one with staff to identify your goals and strengths, access resources to develop the skills that land the jobs, complete your high school diploma or GED, connect with vocational and on-the-job-training, create a career plan, and learn about the many resources and services available in your community to support you as you search for, find and begin your new job.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA)
Discover training and job opportunities available at the WORK Center. The services are designed to help you identify your skills, develop new ones, and assist you in finding a job. Acquire valuable skills and qualifications needed to secure a new position and a bright future through our services such as job search and placement services, WIOA funded occupational training (must meet eligibility guidelines), and On-the-Job training.
Classroom Vocational Training
We'll connect you to no- and low-cost vocational training courses offered through partnering community colleges, universities, vocational schools and businesses for training in specific high-demand, high-growth industries. In order to qualify for training or job search assistance/services you need to be WIOA eligible.
Taught by industry professionals, these courses are designed to:
- Improve your employability for local industries and trades
- Strengthen basic skills in English literacy, math and computers
- Develop new technical skills you'll be using on the job
- Build communication and language skills
- Prepare you for employment in high growth occupations
To check out Training Providers & Schools, and Training & Education Programs:
- Go to: www.caljobs.ca.gov
- Go to Job Seeker box on top left and click on "Learn More"
- Once in Job Seeker information, scroll down to Education Services
On the Job Training (OJT)
The WORK Center partners with a number of local employers to provide OJT training for job candidates. OJT programs provide job seekers the opportunity to earn wages while completing their training in the actual workplace environment.
OJT participants benefit from:
- Hands-on training provided in the workplace by experienced supervisors
- Relevant work experience specific to the job
- Wages earned while completing the training
- Higher success rate on the job when training is complete
Work Experience (WEX)
Available to youth, adults and dislocated workers, WEX introduces job seekers to a range of occupations, including non-traditional employment opportunities, in a structured workplace environment. Participants complete a short-term or part-time work assignment for a local business or organization to develop good work habits and basic work skills employers look for.
Job Search Assistance
Not sure where to begin your job search? Start at the Santa Ana WORK Center, your One-Stop center for a range of no-cost services, resources and tools to help you find that new job, including:
Staff-assisted online job searches — Search through our massive job database and learn how to post your resume online.
Computers, phone and faxes — Use our computers and Internet connection or fax machine to email or fax resumes to employers, and our phones to call employers and set up interviews.
On-site job recruitments — Connect with employers who are actively hiring at recruitment events conducted at the WORK Center.
Resume, interview and work readiness workshops — Attend one of our many workshops to learn how to create an effective resume, practice your interview skills, build your confidence, and learn what employers expect from you in the workplace.
To learn more about services for job seekers, call (714) 565-2600 or visit the Santa Ana WORK Center at 1000 E. Santa Ana Blvd., Suite 200, Santa Ana 92701.