Ensuring life-safety in the built environment
To promote and maintain life safety in the built environment in the City of Santa Ana through timely, ethical, collaborative and transparent processes to achieve compliance with all local and State building codes.
The Building Safety Division is responsible for issuing building, plumbing, heating/cooling, and electrical permits. This also includes reviewing plans and conducting inspections for the work allowed under these permits. It also maintains construction records for all buildings in the City.
News and Highlights
- New California building codes effective January 1, 2017
- Winter holiday safety
- ONLINE PERMITS NOW AVAILABLE
- California state fire marshal information bulletin - smoke alarm listing
- Senate bill 1186 - certified access specialist inspections
- Carbon monoxide detector requirements
- New streamlines residential solar plan check and permitting
- Special weather information
- May 2018: International code council building safety month
- Fireworks information
Planning and Building Agency counters will be closed beginning Friday, December 21, 2018 from 12:00 PM thru January 1, 2019. Normal counter hours to resume on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.