Ensuring life-safety in the built environment
To promote and maintain life safety in the built environment in the City of Santa Ana through timely, ethical, collaborative and transparent processes to achieve compliance with all local and State building codes.
The Building Safety Division is responsible for issuing building, plumbing, heating/cooling, and electrical permits. This also includes reviewing plans and conducting inspections for the work allowed under these permits. It also maintains construction records for all buildings in the City.
News and Highlights
2019 California Building Codes will be effective January 1st, 2020. Thank you!
- ONLINE PERMITS NOW AVAILABLE
- New Streamlined Residential Solar Plan Check and Permitting
- California State Fire Marshal information Bulletin - Smoke Alarm Listing
- Senate Bill 1186 - Certified Access Specialist Inspections
- Senate Bill 969 - Garage Door Openers
- Senate Bill 969 Fact Sheet - Garage Door Back up Batteries
- AB3002 - Disability Access Requirements and Resources (Spanish) (Vietnamese)
- Fireworks Information
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Requirements