Establishing Water and Sewer Service Is Easy
- Visit Santa Ana City Hall, 20 Civic Center Plaza, First Floor City Hall Annex, Room 1100. Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. (Paid parking is available in the Civic Center Plaza, off Santa Ana Blvd. between Ross Street and Flower Street.)
- For questions, please call Santa Ana Municipal Utility Services at (714) 647-5454 during business hours.
- Home Telephone Number
- Driver's License Number
- Social Security Number
- Employment Information
- Emergency Contact Person
- Landlord's name, address and telephone number (if renting)
- Proof of tenancy such as a rental agreement or lease agreement (if renting)
- Proof of ownership (if property owner)
- Security Deposit (see below)
Security Deposit: Starting service requires a deposit of twice the average monthly bill of the meter servicing the premises. The deposit must be paid before service can begin. Security deposits can be refunded by means of a credit to the customer’s bill, if the customer makes twelve (12) consecutive payments with no record of delinquency or when the customer closes the account. To receive a refund of your security deposit, a written request for a Refund of Deposit may be sent to:
City of Santa Ana
Municipal Utility Services, M14
20 Civic Center Plaza
PO Box 1964
Santa Ana CA 92702-1964
Previously Occupied Property: If you are moving into a previously occupied property, we recommend calling at least two business days before you would like service to begin.
Brand New Property: If you are moving into a brand-new home or condo, we may need an extra day or two to create a new account for the property.
Rental Property: Utility Services does not provide automatic transfers for property owners. If a renter moves out and you do not want an interruption of service please call Customer Service to reestablish your account.